Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas Eve

1)

I felt like the section of our tree that keeps going dark because our lights have a short. My cold had gone from bad to worse and I declared that I wasn't making cinnamon rolls after all (which is what I do every year on Christmas Eve.)

Emma stepped up to the plate and she and Adam made them.

2)

We decided what time we were going to wake up Christmas morning and the final time everyone landed on was 8:00 AM.  This is what happens when everyone gets older.

3)

I finished reading my book.

4)

We assembled gingerbread houses (mostly so we can smash them on New Year's Eve).  I named mine Guernica.  (Keep in mind I felt like the lights on the Christmas tree that don't work.)

Bottom left:  that's Guernica.  We're calling that protruding bit a flying buttress.


5)

Everyone chose a Christmas story to read aloud and Adam read from the Book of Mormon and Bible about Christ's birth and that feels more like Christmas than anything.

6)

I went to bed before the letter to Santa could be written.  (I usually write it.)  Emma again filled in for me.  (Daughters, am I right?)  She and Braeden both complimented St. Nicholas for his actions at the Council of Nicea.  (College kids, am I right?)

7)

Even though I felt like the dim bulbs on the tree, Christmas came.  I felt like the Whos down in Whoville.  It came just the same.  And I loved it.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You and Picasso. Amazing artists. I hope you're all better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails