Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Here we gooooooooo

Today's the day.  It's the first day of Christmas vacation but I was up extra early.  I think maybe out of solidarity for Adam who is taking a very early flight home from San Francisco this morning.

Today's the day for last minute Christmas (food) shopping--the presents are all wrapped and under the tree and accounted for (except for a gift for Geri that I "set aside" to give her when she came and have not located).

This is why I never can feel too smug about anything.  I'm always something of a mess.

Anyway.

Today's the day we're getting ready for our quick Nevada trip.  Maybe I woke up early because I was considering how I was going to pack up and transport all the philodendron vines I'm "harvesting" from my ten million (ballpark figure) philodendron plants.  I'm going to use them for a bit of decorating.  Will it work?  Time will tell.

(sometimes I'm afraid that the confidence placed in me for decorating for this reception is misplaced....)

Today's the day Braeden is coming home for vacation.  Emma came home yesterday afternoon.  We went to dinner with Nyla because Vanessa went into the MTC yesterday and I know how that feels.  (I told Nyla if she ever misses Nessa and needs to talk to a quirky kid--or three--she can come on over.  We've got the liberally minded political science major, the French speaking girl who loves to sing and the red-head.  Wrap them all together and maybe that amounts to someone as awesome as Vanessa.)

I'm looking forward to everyone who calls me mom sleeping under the same roof tonight (Bruiser the dancing fish is back too).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're excited to get you and your decorating prowess here!

Olivia Cobian said...

Can't wait to see you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails