Pages

Monday, December 10, 2018

Pikkujoulu 2018

(Today is my best Christmas present ever's birthday!  Happy Birthday to Mark!  I'll write about his celebration tomorrow.)

Geri came Friday night and Mark and I also drove to Provo to pick up Braeden to stay with us for the weekend. (Emma had work and other Emma things to do.)

So it's been a party.

Saturday morning we went to the temple and performed sealings for some of Geri's family members she had researched.  It was a powerful experience, particularly when we sealed five sisters and one brother to their parents all at the same time.  It made it seem more real somehow to see each family member represented at once.

It reminded me how much I love my siblings.

That afternoon Emma came and we played Disney Codenames (which is really hard but also fun) and drank Cranberry Sprite.

That night we celebrated Pikkujoulu.


In a rare turn of events I remembered to take a picture.  I said, "Don't touch anything!  I'm going to take a picture."

As you can see Mark was already digging into his bread bowl though.

We ate clam chowder in sour dough bread bowls and fruit and cheese and it was a happy time.

Afterward we sang some Christmas songs and gave the kids a new Christmas book:



In keeping with the theme, Adam surprised us with a new Lego set:




We put it together while we ate fudge and cookies.  Emma and I discovered if you detach the train from inside the carousel and then turn the crank, the train goes flying.

Emma said that next year she's hoping to be in France this time of year and I told her that I am going to cut her passport into ribbons so she can't go.

I think it's what any supportive mother would do.

I need this girl in my life.  That's all.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails