Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Grateful Friday

Christmas was a nice day.  We enjoyed our presents and our time together.  We played new games and the boys built Lego sets and we ate good food and talked on the phone.  I love catching up with my sisters on Christmas day and hearing all about their celebrations too.

I did indeed get Thelma the Unicorn (from Emma and it's a great book).  She also gifted me with a little unicorn and wrote Thelma on it.



I'm pretty sure I'll be the envy of all the 4th grade girls.

Today I'm grateful for a wondrous happy season where we pause to remember and be nostalgic and grateful.  I love spending time together and enjoying the light that illuminates the dark winter nights.

**
*

I'm also grateful for a living prophet.  I took the challenge issued by President Nelson in October to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year.  I finished this week.  The last verses of Moroni 10 seemed like a great capstone to a Christmas celebration:

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

I'm looking forward to a new year of studying the Gospel together as a family and I know that following the prophets brings me peace and happiness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails