Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

Grateful Friday

My college kids are home!  Also, it was an ordeal.  We were a car down because Adam's is at the airport and he's in Indianapolis but Braeden was a champion and brought Loki here so Mark could use that and he drove the van to Provo and I drove Joan.

Braeden and Anna were further champions by loading all of Emma's stuff in the cars and then helping clean.

Emma only had one roommate because one of them went home early so they divided up the cleaning jobs and Emma got the laundry room and kitchen.  She cleaned her room and the laundry room and Anna and Braeden and I tackled the kitchen.

The oven/stove are probably older than me and seemed like they hadn't been cleaned since the 70s.  Yikes.


I snapped a picture of Anna at the helm because she was amazing.  She took off years of grime with a Brillo pad.  We all took a turn and tried to channel Anna.

Clean a kitchen with your future daughter in law and fall in love all over again.  I love that girl!  She is moving out of her apartment in June and I told her WE OWE YOU.  We are going to show up and clean!

Braeden tackled a stain on the ancient linoleum with a Mr. Clean Eraser and started making a hole in the linoleum!  Stop!  Leave it!

College apartments are such a sham.  They are so overpriced for what you get.  And I'm pretty sure when people don't pass their cleaning checks, they charge them and then don't get it cleaned and it just builds up until someone like Anna comes along.

We finally finished and I told Braeden and Anna to pick where we went for dinner.  We landed at Sam Hawk which is delicious but was slow and I was so hungry bordering on whiny.

We got home late enough that there is still stuff piled around but they are home!  It's a nice feeling to know they're here under our roof.  For now.  It's all fleeting.  Having kids in college is a messy revolving door (seriously, you should see downstairs) but it is wonderful too.  They are learning hard lessons of adulthood.  They are endlessly entertaining and kind and buoy me up.

I like it here.

(And Adam will be home tonight!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails