Pages

Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter


Saturday we went to Trader Joe's for flowers.  They were almost gone.  The lady working there said, "Isn't that sad looking?  I didn't order enough."

Trader Joe flowers for Easter = not an original idea.

They're so pretty though, that's why everyone wants some.  I came home and made three bouquets with the flowers I got.  Then I started taking pictures of all the Easter cheer because I like holidays and holiday decorations.







In lieu of Easter baskets, I assembled these little bags for my Sunday kids (a slightly bigger group than my actual kids.)

the ones with ribbons are for the boys
Someone gave me these blue goblets and Adam said they don't go with anything so now I'm determined to use them ALL THE TIME.  (I like them.)

I made a lemon cake and decorated it with rosemary and  candied oranges (also from Trader Joe's).  I thought maybe it looked more like Christmas than Easter but at least I didn't smash this one with the cake cover.

I read an article in the New York Times that was sort of shocking to me.  Granted, I don't get out much.  It was an interview between the author and a Christian minister.  The minister said she didn't believe that Christ was born of a virgin, nor did she believe in the Resurrection.  When the author countered, "But you call yourself a Christian?" she said what she believes in is love.

It gave me pause.

Because what I believe in is miracles.

The miracles of Christ's birth and of His great atoning sacrifice really happened.  I wasn't witness to either of them but I have felt the Holy Ghost confirm their reality to me.  Also, I have been forgiven and I have found the power to forgive.  Those feel like miracles.  I have been strengthened in my darkest hours.  I have found the strength to go on and I have found that strength through Jesus Christ's grace.  Miracles.

Braeden taught our gospel discussion Sunday.  Beforehand, he asked us to come prepared to talk about which of the many witnesses of the Resurrection was most meaningful to us.  I couldn't decide. I loved different things about all of them.  Mostly, I loved the way they made me feel.  I loved the reminders of what I know and what I believe.  Ours is a God of miracles.  He sent His Son to earth to teach us and lead us by His example.  Then, incomprehensibly (so maybe that's why the minister in the article doesn't buy it) He somehow suffered for all of our pains and sins.  He died for us and on the third day, He rose again.  He conquered both sin and death for you and for me.

I believe in miracles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails