Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Rain washed

I lived in the Pacific Northwest long enough to give rain the side eye.  Give me sun, lots of sun.  And blue skies.

But.

I've lived in the high desert long enough to know that rain is a welcome guest.

And it does make the world lovely and fresh.

I love the barely there spring green leaves clinging to the trees and a sprinkling of blossoms just starting.

Daffodils shining among the dead stuff from last year I should get rid of but haven't.

green green grass--and a niece sized hole in the trampoline reminiscent of the time she didn't sue us for damages and emotional suffering when our trampoline failed
Here are things I'm ready for:

sitting on the deck

complaining about how hot it is

barefoot evenings on the grass

watering flowers in pots

the night sounds of sprinklers

more BBQ and less oven

picking fresh tomatoes for dinner



It's coming!  And all the green is the first sign.  It's coming!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails