Pages

Friday, August 2, 2019

Grateful Friday

In all the everything, I'm not forgetting an important fact.  This Sunday is our 24th wedding anniversary.  Twenty-four happy years full of ups and downs and sorrows and a whole lot of joy.

Being married to Adam is the best thing about my life.

The other night we were talking about where to get dinner.  I said, "We could go to that one place...what's it called?  Bumblebee?"

(I never remember the names of places.)

"Or wait," I said.  "Is that the name of that other place?"

"Bee's Dairy in Mystic, Connecticut?"

"Yeah."

Because I just have to say that other place and Adam knows what I mean.

According to Malcolm Gladwell, 10,000 hours at something makes you an expert.  I figured it out (I used a calculator) and 24 years = 210,240 hours.

So we are experts.  At being married to each other.

Here's to many more years of knowing what the other person means.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails