Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Elementary schools are my love language

Yesterday Mark (my favorite sidekick) and I were in the office at the school and a mother was there with her children registering for the new year.  One of the secretaries introduced me to her.  I was filling out some paperwork and the oldest child came up to me shyly.

"You're the music teacher?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. "What's your name?"

He told me.  Also, he's in fourth grade.  I kept filling out my form and he said, "Hey look, we both have watches."

I held my watch side by side to his.  Sure enough.  We both had watches.

When we were leaving the school, I was telling Mark how much the interaction delighted me.

"I love kids and schools," I said.  "Maybe I should be a teacher."

Mark shrugged.  "Maybe."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails