Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Ready or not

Tomorrow is the big day!  My class starts.

Today I introduced myself to them and they moved their desks into my room.  Some of the kids were straight up excited, some were stressed out, some didn't seem to care either way and one girl cried.  I get it.  It's a lot.

In a purely unsustainable manner, I've been working 10+ hour days and I think (hope) I'm ready.

Here are some pictures of my classroom--although I took these pictures before I got all the desks.

Front of the classroom:


Back of the classroom:


I've gotten rid of the baskets of books.  They are good to designate genre but they take up a lot of space.  I want more books and fewer baskets.


I brought along the lanterns from my old classroom and one of the girls said, "It's exactly the same as the art classroom."

I don't know.  Lanterns = exactly the same.

Emma made the poster for me.  The pink and black bulletin boards are going to have math and science and writing things we are currently working on.

It makes me happy.  I hope the students will find it a happy place as well.  (Especially the poor little one who cried.)



3 comments:

Geri said...

This quite room is going to be full of great happenings very shortly. Only happy tears going forward.

Marianne said...

Looks amazing!

Mark Dahl said...

I love it Thelma. Your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails