Pages

Friday, July 16, 2021

Grateful Friday

 


We celebrated this girl's graduation this week.  We're a little after the fact, but it's OK.  They both happened to be wearing WGU shirts, so I took a picture of them repping the W.

So there you have it.  Four graduates in one season.  When my three were all freshman, I realized this may happen.  Happily for us all, Anna added her graduation to the mix.

I'm grateful my kids could be educated and learn more about things they love.  It is wonderful to see the unique interests they have and the unique contributions they make to our family.

Emma has started the interview process, not for her dream job, but to land a job to support her passion.  She wants to pursue her music and art, and find a job that will allow her to do just that.  I love that she knows what she wants (she has known what she wanted since she was a toddler and good luck trying to talk her out of anything).  People used to ask me how I kept a hat on her when she was one year old and I knew even then that if she didn't want the hat, it wouldn't be on.

I am not a great cook (I am a pretty good dessert baker--if I take a salad to a potluck situation, I come home with a salad; if I take a dessert to a potluck situation, I come home with an empty tray) and I never really taught Emma much about cooking.  It was easier to get it over with myself.  

Somehow she picked up this intuitive pasta making skill.  Last night we pulled tomatoes and sweet peppers out that needed to be used and she started sautéing peppers while I boiled penne.  She added garlic and then capers and pepperoncinis and kalamata olives.  She added the tomatoes last and then a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  It was delicious and Mark even liked it (after he picked out the kalamata olives and forked them over to me, which I was happy about).  We sprinkled feta on top and I have no idea.

Emma just has pasta skills.

I'm grateful to have her home.   

1 comment:

Edgar Cobian said...

Mmm. That makes me hungry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails