Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Thelma Davis Home for Plant Rehabilitation

When Braeden was home from his mission (the first time) we were at Home Depot and I bought a cat palm.  Braeden named it Trayvion.  

We have had quite a history.  That's been about 5 years (more or less?) and Trayvion slowly lost leaves and shriveled.  I moved him all over the house and Adam told me many times to give up and I have not given up.

I've considered changing the name of the plant to Jacob 5.

He finally liked a spot in the living room and then yesterday I noticed one of his leaves (and he only has two!) is turning brown.

We've traveled this far together; I'm not giving up yet.

I pushed him over by Felicia, the Fiddle Leaf Fig, who is thriving and needs to stop because I don't want to repot her.  I'm hoping she will be a good influence on Trayvion.



I have had the same geraniums for years.  They live upstairs in the winter and on the deck in the summer.  They do well in both spots.  

This year, I planted them in the front of the house, in pots by the garage.  It is more sun than upstairs and less sun than the deck.

They've not been happy.  They are leggy and stunted (depends on which one) and suffering.



I repotted them and brought them inside for consideration and hopefully to find a solution.

I think it's sort of like figuring out why a kid is struggling to read.  I don't always succeed, but I like to try.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You are a nurturer of all that lives! Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails