Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Happenings

We are going to Seattle and we are happy about it.  In the past when we've gone, everyone has a long list of things they want to do, people they want to see, places they want to eat, water they want to swim in.  I think this time we just want to go.  We are happy to do whatever.  We just want to go.

So, Marianne, this is for you.  If I don't blog, I've neither died nor abandoned you.  I'll be back.

***

I moved Trayvion to my office where I can keep better watch on him.  I'm worried.  Especially since we're leaving.  I put him in the shower and flooded him with water to wash the soil of salt and minerals.  I hope it helps.

***

I talked to Braeden and he pointed out that all three of my children are growing up on the same weekend.  Mark and Braeden and Anna were already leaving the same weekend, now Emma is starting her new job that Monday too!  She got a job offer yesterday!  She will be working in financial aid at WGU.  I told her she's going to be the fairy godmother, granting wishes.  She said she's about to be the Oprah of higher education.  She's excited and I'm excited for her and yes, all three of our children have grown up.

I'm glad I have 32 and counting (gulp) third graders to soon fill my time and attention.  There will be shoes to tie and stories to listen to and stories to read aloud.

***

Last night Adam stopped for tacos on his way home from work.  Taco Tuesday.  It was just the two of us because Emma and Mark were with their friends.  

I like just the two of us just fine.

(And I'm also looking forward to a long car ride with the four of us.)

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Hooray for Emma! I'll try not to feel abandoned. But it will be hard. . .

Edgar Cobian said...

I will miss you as well. So happy about Emma's job! That Monday is also our day to bid our Lili farewell. :(

Marianne said...

Are you EVER going to get home???????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails