Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Parenting: the most thankless job around

Mark:  I go to college in about a month!

Me: (hugging him) Don't go!  Stay home with me!

Mark: No, I've got to go.  I'm going to be an accountant.

Me:  That's right.  So you can do my taxes.

Mark: If you'll pay me.

Me: OK.  I'll pay you to do my taxes, but I won't pay for you to go to college; or I'll pay for college and you can do my taxes for free.  What do you pick?

Mark:  Can I get an advance on that payment for taxes?

Emma:  If you ever need some humanities pro bono work, I'll do it.

Later, Mark asked if he could hang out with his friend, Marek, after dinner.

I said, "Will you do my taxes?"

He said, "Yes."

So that settles that.


1 comment:

Edgar Cobian said...

I want him to do my taxes too. I won't be paying for his college so I'll pay him to do my taxes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails