Pages

Monday, July 12, 2021

Hazy days


Fire season has started and on day two I am tired of it.

I don't like the otherworldly light and I don't like the hazy sky or the acrid air or the itchy eyes.

Oh, summer.  Why do you have to be like this?  

You can't even see the mountains in the distance.  The temple is blurred.  Everything looks weird.


The flag has been in the canyon but the weird light makes it look less dazzling.

After our day of Sunday meetings, we packed a picnic and went to the mountains.  We took the Alpine Loop and got up above the smoke.  I would have taken a picture but I was busy trying not to be carsick on the winding, narrow road.

We went to Cascade Springs which is always lovely.  The ice cold water gurgles over the rocks and causes cold air currents to swirl around you as you walk along.  

Adam took a picture of us.


It's a happy place.

We drove back home to the smoke.

Just a few more months of smoke....

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

You two are darling!

Clarissa Johnson said...

I always love to read your blog! I hope you know I always read it still. :) You should move to Hawaii though. There's no smoke and we have a beach! I did get really sunburned today though, so you know, pros and cons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails