Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Precipice

Thinking about Mark going to college, thinking about Braeden and Anna moving to California...it all feels like a cliff I don't want to stand too close to.

Mark has been telling me daily in a taunting way, how many days until he leaves.

I wished he could be a little bit sad about it, pretend he'd miss me.

While we were away for the weekend, Mark said he started thinking about packing up his stuff and then it hit him.  He's going away to college.

Sunday night he hugged me about ten times.  He texted me Monday, "I sure love you."

I was sitting across the room from him.

I take it back, I don't want him to miss me.  I (maybe) can handle me missing him but I (definitely) can't handle him missing me.

I don't know what it will be like to have Emma as our only child at home.  The other day, I got a glimpse.  She told Adam about a video she watched of a British man doing Sudoku.  Adam was interested, so they watched the video, commenting on his strategy and murmuring appreciatively as he solved Sudoku.

I went to read a book, glad those two had each other.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails