Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

Grateful Friday

I haven't done much baking since Mark got celiac disease and I miss it.  Baking bread was my favorite.  I'd grind the wheat and mix it up and knead it and form loaves.  It would smell wonderful while baking and taste good too.  

It was Mark's favorite thing I made so you know there's no way I can make it when he can't eat it.

Yesterday the weather was June Gloom Seattle weather and my tasks like organizing the files on my computer were equally dreary.

I had some blueberries and strawberries were 98 cents a pound at Winco.  What I wanted to make was strawberry shortcake.  I have a recipe that we like so much people from Braeden's mission contacted me for the recipe because Braeden was so high on it.

But I can't make it.

But then I decided what I could make were meringue nests.  They're basically shortcake, right?  It made me happy to bake even though my baking equipment was a little rusty!


I broke that measuring cup dipping it into sugar!  Who knew I was so strong?

The nests weren't pretty, but I was grateful to make them.  I'm grateful to be able to make anything.  I'm reading The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah and it is about people that fled the Dust Bowl for California and it is pretty dire.

Celiac disease is not the end of the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails