Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

When whining works

I had a headache/neck ache/ back ache on Monday, but I canceled my chiropractor appointment because of the funeral.  I was on the waiting list.

Tuesday I woke up feeling even worse.  I was in a fog of pain and I had stuff I needed to do but I wasn't being productive.  I remembered that Dr. Hayes (the chiropractor) had told me once that if I was desperate I could just come and hang out at the office and they would try to fit me in.

It seemed worth it.

I called to see if that was really a thing and the ladies that work there (who are pretty much my friends because I see them so often) told me the "walk in" hours.  They said that I could come between 1:30-3:30 and they would try their best.

So that was the plan and then a little while later, my phone rang and the kind lady said, "Thelma?  Can you be here by 12:15?"

Yes!

They squeezed me in, the last appointment before lunch.  They told me they were sorry I was hurting and that they hoped I would feel better.

And I did, because of their help.  

I asked Dr. Hayes, "Does my neck get so messed up because of my Scheuermann's Disease (the fun back situation I have)?"

He said, "Partly.  But also your neck holds all your stress and tension and it is your weak spot.  That is also genetic (like good old Scheuermann's) and I know that because your sisters are exactly the same."

So I don't know what exactly to do with that information.  Try to get stronger.  Try not to get stressed(?!?) Keep going to the chiropractor.

And if I have to, whine to the nice ladies in the reception area.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails