Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Pretend decorator

When I left the movie theater on Tuesday, I had a missed call from Adam.  I texted him and he texted back, "I was calling for decorating advice."  No further explanation.

You just never know with that guy.

Facilities fall under the umbrella of his job and when he was at the office of WGU in Columbus, OH, he decided the facilities needed a little help.  He had gone to IKEA and purchased some things and later he FaceTimed me and asked my advice on placement while he was there with another guy assembling furniture.

I said, "Let me see it with the plants there, now there."

He said, "Should I put two chairs there and two chairs there?"

I said, "No.  Make a conversation area."

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I pretend and I'm always ready with an opinion.

Later he texted me pictures.



Later still I talked to Adam when he was back at his hotel.  He said, "I did what you taught me.  I bought three plants.  I made sure they were different, but about the same size."

I don't remember ever having a lesson about "buy three plants," but three was the right choice.  

He knows that you should buy three and I know what a designated hitter is in baseball (I for sure didn't used to know that).  In marriage you just rub off on each other I guess.

1 comment:

Geri said...

I might not know how to use a specific tool but I do know if we have it and what it is for. In a marriage where you work together you gain a lot of skills and information from each other. Maybe Adam can get a show on HGTV.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails