Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Summer

It's felt like a Seattle summer.

The high yesterday was 70.  It's been cloudy and a little bit rainy.  Adam and I both thought it has seemed like the mornings have a marine layer to burn off.

But it's the high desert and disorienting.

But I don't hate not using the AC though.

It's a good summer though.  

I stopped by my classroom (hesitantly, I didn't want to get sucked into organizing something) and I grabbed a book I wanted and stopped by to chat with Camie in the office and that was all.  I heard little voices when I walked the halls because summer school was happening.  It made me happy.

At Costco, I saw two older Bonneville students.  They weren't mine, but they said, "If Lucy were here, she'd be so happy!"

Because Lucy was mine once.

I was glad to see them.

Adam and Mark used to have What Do You Want to Do Wednesday.  On Wednesday night they would do something together.

Mark's friend doesn't work on Wednesday now, so they switched it to Talk to Me Tuesday.

Mark signed an apartment lease and in August will be moving out.  I want to renew our efforts to get him cooking.  I told him we were starting Meal Matrix Mondays.  He didn't seem all that excited.

I bought some peanut M and Ms.  I told him they are for Meal Matrix Mondays since he didn't seem that excited.

He said, "Oh, I'm excited.  I don't think I've ever been more excited about anything in my life."

And, you know, he's never sarcastic.

2 comments:

Geri said...

Teach that sarcastic kid to use his instapot.

Olivia Cobian said...

Today Ammon said he wants Grandpa to teach him to weld this summer. We are going to do Welding Wednesdays. (Hopefully--we need to ask Big Guy first!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails