Pages

Friday, August 4, 2023

Grateful Friday

 


Today is our 28th anniversary.

When Braeden was a preschooler, he famously told me that I was "a lot to listen to."

So...it's not that I don't have words.  It's that I don't have adequate words to express how I feel about being married to Adam for 28 years.

Grateful is a start.

Adam makes me feel safe and loved.  He is a good provider and an even better dad. QE adores him.  Adam takes me on adventures and makes me laugh and tells me interesting stories.  He's the smartest person I know, full stop.  Adam is endlessly selfless and generous (sometimes I lecture him about needing to at least put himself on the list of people he is taking care of).  

I am grateful that he is a faithful priesthood holder and that he is all in with his church service no matter what it is.  He is a very busy stake executive secretary to a very busy stake president.  He told me the other night this calling would have broken him 15 years ago.  It would break me today.  It is hours and hours of unseen and mostly unacknowledged work and he just does it.  Then he stays up late to spend time with Mark.

Not just in church service, but in everything, Adam is salt.  I read this in Jay Shetty's Think Like a Monk and it absolutely describes Adam:

(Radhanath Swami) told us to be like salt and pointed out that we only notice salt when there is too much of it in our food, or not enough.  Nobody ever says, "Wow, this meal is the perfect amount of salt."  When salt is used in the best way possible, it goes unrecognized.  Salt is so humble that when something goes wrong, it takes the blame, and when everything goes right, it doesn't take credit.

Adam is salt.

I feel like the luckiest girl that 28 years ago we started a family together.  There's no one I would rather spend forever with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love!

Mark Dahl said...

We are so thankful you two found each other. I remember what a happy day it was 28 years ago today. And it is still happy.

Olivia Cobian said...

So beautiful! Congratulations on 28 years of salt! Happy Anniversary, and I love you both!

Marianne said...

I love that quote about salt! That Adam is salty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails