Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Jorgensens!

Monday night we met at Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner.  I had initially invited them to our house, but Janet generously talked me out of it and I let her, having been gone all weekend and then all day.

I saw one of my students at Pizza Pie Cafe, who had missed school, eating dinner with his family.  I marched up to the table and told him I'd missed him.  "Where were you?"

Crickets.

"Will you be there tomorrow?"

Crickets.  

I smiled at him and his mom who also had a deer in the headlights look.

(He was at school yesterday.)

It was so fun to meet David and Shari's son!  What a cutie.  Like I told them, we are BIG fans of grandchildren.  10/10.  It was fun to see all of them even though I am over and over shocked by how old "the littles" are because they aren't that little.  It's the same way that David and Hans were shocked seeing Mark because he was about ten when they left home.

Leif's wife Mariel, who is Ecuadoran and lovely and kissed us all on the cheek in greeting and farewell, had the idea to take a picture.  The lighting is weird and it's not a great picture of any of us, but I love it just the same.  I love their family!

Leif and Mariel, David, Inge, Britta, Adam, Freja, Mark, Emma, me, Janet, Hans, Eric and Kyoshi.  May our families live on the same cul-de-sac in heaven someday!


When it seemed Pizza Pie Cafe had had enough of us, we reconvened at a nearby park until I broke up the party because I have to go to bed early and wake up early.

Leave it to me to ruin an evening.  I loved spending time together though!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails