Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

Weekend

Adam has decided it's time to create a spreadsheet to map out the Mariners' path to the playoffs.  (You've never met someone so optimistic about something:  Adam + the Mariners.)  It happens every summer; Adam sets himself up for disappointment.  

But who knows, this might be the year!

We did all the Saturday things punctuated by me seeing one of my new students in Walmart which made me happy.  I love weekends and I also love seeing my students on weekends.

My Swatch watch randomly started working!

I bought it I think when I was a freshman in high school (it's an antique by now!).  I loved it then and I love it still.  I hadn't worn it for decades, but I wanted to.  Adam got me a new band for Christmas and I took it to have the battery replaced and it worked about 30 minutes and then it stopped.

Apparently fixing a Swatch isn't something just anyone can do (that's what the watch repair guy told me).  So it's been sitting on my desk, waiting for a trip to Las Vegas because Adam told me there's a Swatch store there and he would take it next time he has to go for work.

Sunday I was sitting at my desk, working on my lesson and heard it ticking.  Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!  We'll see if it keeps working!

I taught Sunday School.  I survived it!  It still makes me nervous.

Mark is preparing to move to his new apartment this week.  I'm trying not to let it stress me out.  It is not easy to have your babies leave the nest, even when they aren't babies.  It also has made Adam and me both feel a little melancholy.  

It's a problem of liking your kids.  It's not fun to have them leave.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I still have my Swatch watch from high school too! It does not work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails