Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

School daze

I know how to spell days. 

Except I came home in a daze.

Yesterday was my first day back at it officially.  I had collaboration with my team.  Sitting in a meeting all day is always the worst, but sitting in a meeting where there is so much going on and we are all acting like caffeinated squirrels heading off on tangents was exhausting.  We each had a to do list going.  I had to start a second column on the back side of the paper.

There was a lot of, "Oh yeah.  I have to do that!"

School starts two weeks from today and it will all get done.  Or at least the most important stuff will get done. (This is the mantra I keep telling myself.  0% chill is where I'm at.)

Monday night we had a BBQ hosted by one of the teachers, Tiffany.  Our new principal, Matt, was there as well as our two years ago principal, Jami.  I was standing next to Matt and his wife when Jami greeted Matt.  After Jami left, Matt turned to his wife and said, "That's everyone's favorite principal...for now."

It told me everything I need to know about Matt.  He is comfortable in his own skin and not worried about whether we will like him.

And it makes me think we will like him.

Another thing I liked?  I wrote the aquarium to find out about scheduling a field trip.  They responded and signed the email, "Best fishes."

I love people.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You are off to such a great start!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails