Pages

Monday, August 7, 2023

Weekend

 Friday I met Adam and Emma after work.  I reluctantly handed the keys of Joan over to Emma.  "Be careful!" I said about twenty times.  She had never driven Joan before.  Mark has driven her a few times (one unsanctioned when I was out of town!).  I'm a little territorial + I have trust issues based on the long scratches on the sides of our children's cars.

Emma texted she made it home safely.

Adam and I headed to Nevada.  For a romantic anniversary dinner we went to an Arby's drive-thru that was connected to a Love's truck stop.

We're fancy.

We listened to our audio book and chatted and held hands and I was perfectly content with my sandwich and sharing fries with Adam.   We got to our house about 8:00 and spent the time setting things up--sweeping flies, making the bed, setting up the internet, etc.  

First things first I always check the mouse traps and the last several times they have been empty and I'm very grateful.

There was a terrific lightning storm and cool rain and I slept well with the window open.  It's such a restful place!

Saturday I walked with my sisters and mom and did some yard work.  I cut down a variety of willows that was encroaching on the lilacs.  Sorry willows, the lilacs win.  I pruned the mock orange and tried to do something about the flower beds.  I didn't make much progress.  There is a comical amount to do and we just chip away at it and it's fine.  We went to my parents' for lunch.  I took my cross-stitch because Olivia said she was going to bring her embroidery.  My mom had an afghan she was working on and we were an industrious little group.  Marianne went home for a nap then returned with her laptop and she joined the work party.

Adam and my dad were having their own work party.  They repaired the water heater and then Adam installed our new dishwasher.  That is an exciting addition to the house!  I told Adam I was impressed he knew how to install a dishwasher.  He said, "I don't!" But he figured it out and I was impressed.

It was getting hotter as the afternoon went by and my sisters wanted to go swimming.  I said it wasn't hot enough.  Then it kept getting hotter.  I said I didn't have swim clothes and Marianne went home and got some for me and we went down to Boulder Creek.  We laughed a lot and it was so fun to be together doing something we did so often growing up.  It's been decades since I've done that!

It's not deep but it's refreshing and deep enough you can float for awhile.



My first friends!  I love being with my sisters.

Also on Saturday we were at the site of our wedding reception 28 years earlier to the day.


There's a lot to love about this picture.  One thing:  Adam is wearing my dad's suit because he forgot his.  I need to work on that front flower bed to make it look more like how my grandma had it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails