Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

Grateful Friday

Hours late because I woke up with a migraine.

I don't know about the migraine.  I am generally feeling so much better after my physical therapy and also still having migraines sometimes.

I'm still feeling grateful today (mostly because I'm finally feeling a little better).

We had a very good Thanksgiving.  It was a combination of Marianne is amazing and many hands make light-ish work.  (I was pretty tired when it was all said and done.)

Olivia and Adam and I took a walk in the morning and then Olivia and I went and helped at Marianne's a little but she was pretty much ready.  Hyrum said she had been baying for blood at 9:00 AM and got her children helping.  They are a lot of help and she is a great leader.

We all gathered for lunch a bit after noon. Everything looked and tasted fabulous.


Olivia and her boys had made these darling pumpkin place cards.

I was very grateful for the carefully thought out gluten free designations.  It makes me feel loved.  The whole day made me feel loved.  I enjoyed being with my people.  After we ate, we made our ornament craft that I had come up with which was painstaking and sort of annoying, but everyone was nice about it.  We had our talent show and I cried during a poem Clarissa shared she had written and that didn't help me not cry during two family history stories Adam and I wanted to share (we wisely had Mark read them).  

And I was impressed by those talented kids.  Marianne and I both lectured Olivia and Tabor for chatting in the corner during it.

Once an older sister....

After that we played Nauvoo bingo.  I was sitting between the troublemakers, Olivia and Tabor this time and we had a good time.  We had a Ghanian and Venezuelan guest for Thanksgiving (an Argentinian too, but he had left by then) and they played Nauvoo bingo with us.  I wondered if they would think this is something all Americans did on Thanksgiving and Tabor said the Venezuelan was probably grateful he didn't understand most of us.

Ammon was the Bingo caller (he stepped in once Enoch moved--although we miss Enoch and Jennifer and family!) and he called in both English and Spanish.  Everyone got a prize when they got bingo and everyone got a prize when they got blackout.  Then my mom told everyone to take one more prize.

It's no wonder everyone is very enthusiastic about Nauvoo bingo!

We pulled out all the food and ate dinner and I was not even a little bit hungry, but I didn't let that get in my way.  Everything was just so delicious!

Yesterday morning I took a picture out the window.


This morning I took a picture out the same window.


Snow fell in time just for my Christmas playlist.

Adam took the kids to town to go to a movie with their cousins and he is going to do some shopping and I am in a quiet house surrounded by snow and quiet and I am not sad about it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails