Pages

Monday, November 20, 2023

Weekend


Early autumn changed to late autumn.  The leaves are falling off the brilliantly colored trees.  There's snow on the mountain.   I pulled out my Christmas sweaters for an assessment of inventory.  I told Adam to stop me if I decide to buy more Christmas sweaters.

I made an enormous packing list for our trip.  I'll be gone ten days.  My lists are falling into place; I've been training for this my whole life.  My sub plans are pretty much done, just need the final touches of prep at school.  I have the food more or less sorted for the trip.  I have set aside everything that I can do after I return.  

My mind spins with to dos and since I think future Thelma is incompetent, I want to do everything now, now, now.

I am getting better at believing in future Thelma.  You can think about that in December. 

I am looking forward to the hustle and bustle and quiet calm and connection of the next two weeks.  

Adam and I had a nice weekend together.  Friday night we went to Costco and Trader Joe's, Saturday we went to Walmart and Winco.  (Saved the Ws for Saturday I guess.). We delivered medicine and Powerade to Mark.  He and Emma both have colds (Mark's was worsened by a bad night's sleep because of a faulty sensor) and Adam and I don't.  I have to think that living among children who cough and sniffle and sneeze at me all day has bolstered my immune system to new heights.

We had a quiet Sunday.  Adam was in our ward because President Porter went out of town mid morning.  I am always very grateful to have him next to me at church.  Mark was sick and none of our other guests could come so it was just the three of us on a quiet and rainy day.  

We did talk to Braeden and Anna and QE.  That is always a highlight to any day.  She had bucked her nap and was zooming around. We read a few books to her and she read a frenetic version of Amelia Bedelia to us, flipping the pages and jabbering.  Nothing delights us quite like she does!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails