Pages

Monday, November 13, 2023

Weekend

My students are usually obsessed with Mark and I don't know why.  Adam said it is because I tell them stories about Mark, but I don't think I really do.  And I mention all my kids in equal measure, which is not that much.  I don't know.

Friday morning, one of the students who I had seen at Pizza Pie Cafe said to me when I opened the door to them first thing, "I saw you last night.  And Mark."  

I acknowledged the truth of that statement.  When they see me in the wild, they always tell me at school. 

Then she turned to all her classmates and told them individually, not wanting anyone to miss the fact:  I saw Mark.

Hours later, she came up to my desk and asked, "Who was that girl sitting by Mark?"

I said, "That was Emma."

She pointed to my family picture on the wall and asked, "Is she the one next to you?"

"Yes."

Mark is the lead and the rest of us are just extras.

He texted Friday and said that their apartment was without hot water and he was going to go home to shower.  He left his calling card on the kitchen table:


I had said earlier that there would be no new LEGO sets for Christmas because they hadn't finished the one from last year.  (Adam said there would be a new LEGO set and he is usually the one that buys it against my better judgement, but I wanted to try to draw a line in the sand.)

So Mark finished the LEGO set.

(How many of these does one family need?  Asking for a friend....)

It was a nice weekend.  We did all the weekend things.  We tried to watch a movie Friday night and I fell asleep during it.  We successfully watched a movie Saturday night:  An American Pickle which was homework Clarissa had given me.

I took some pictures of the sky:



Autumn is my favorite.

My dad sent me this picture:

He texted it with one comment:  It needs a shorter lightbulb. 

I love it!  My grandma's mixer, brought to life!  My dad is a wizard.

After a few week hiatus, we enjoyed having everyone over for Sunday dinner.  After we ate, we played Scattergories.  Clarissa said, "I've never seen the Davises so competitive."

Maybe Emma and I shouldn't be allowed to play word games in polite company.

Everyone except Clarissa left and we talked about one of her really hard classes at school.  I tried to give suggestions, but I know that even the best suggestions may work for a little while at best.  Teaching is not for the faint of heart!



2 comments:

Marianne said...

Did you like An American Pickle?

Clarissa Johnson said...

Thanks for the advice though! :)

Also, that's what I want to know too. Did you like the American Pickle??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails