Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

3rd grade

We went on a field trip to the Orem library to watch the Timpanogos Symphony.  The kids generally liked it and were generally well behaved.  My impulsive can't stop talking friend was positioned strategically next to me.  I tried to keep him facing the right direction and at least whispering and then he asked, "Can I go to sleep?"

I said, "Yes."

And it was blissful.

Would it be bad if I just let him sleep every day?  Because he is otherwise talking....

One of the girls wanted to sit by me on the bus.  She told me all about her cousins and her uncle and her church.  It was a lot to listen to and to keep straight but mostly I just needed to smile and nod.  There was no quiz.

I started a new book yesterday, The Lemonade War.  I love that I have a class that likes to be read to again.  They cheer if I say I'll read one more chapter and they groan when I'm done.  Reading to children is my love language.

They have told me all about their holiday plans.  It is clear they are not clear on the details.  We are leaving....Monday?  Next Monday?  This Monday?  Wednesday?  I don't know.  We're going to my grandma's.  Then another student raises their hands.  We're going to visit my auntie in California.  We are going to be gone for 8 days!  Well maybe.  Maybe we're leaving in 8 days?

After a few minutes of travels plans sketched by Picasso, I say we need to move on with the lesson, but maybe they can tell me later.

I'm teaching them the Christmas song that third grade sings for the Christmas Sing.  They love it.  They also love the Mexican Hat Dance.  We have music time every Monday and I love that they enjoy it.

They pretty much delight me.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a wonderful teacher!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails