Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Grateful for my job

I love the place where I work.  I love that I have real friends there.  It's not super easy for me to make real friends, but when I do, I don't really ever let them go.

I love real friends.

I love that there is a Christmas tree in the teachers' lounge with ornaments that are part of a giving tree for some of our students.  I love that you have to get them early before they are gone.

I love that Miriam came back to visit yesterday during lunchtime and she was swarmed with hugging teachers.  She cried when she hugged me and I almost but not quite kept myself from crying too.  It was just so good to see her and so good to see that she is on a healing trajectory.

I took a picture when she was swarmed with her students.  They said things like, "I've missed you!" so sincerely and earnestly that it melted my heart.

I love the connections we make with these little people who frustrate us but also wind their way tight around our hearts.

I love my students.  They are funny and brave and aggravating and smart and frustrating and lovable.

I love that we had a party after school for Elsa who is going to stay home with her baby boy and for Maren who is going to have a baby.  Jamie spearheaded the party so everything was beautiful and amazing.  Someone asked if they could hire her to cater their children's weddings and she said, "I'm not for hire."

We are so lucky to have her for free.  She is my go to for everything and I love that her office is around the corner from my classroom and she always has advice and cold soda and candy and nuts and Advil and pretty much anything you could need.

I love that Jordan said at the party, "Well look who the cat dragged in!" and in walked our old principal Jami, who we all love.  It was great to see him and great to have Matt now too because he is such a good principal and what we need.

When Matt sees me, he always asks, "Thelma, how are you?" Last week I told him I had a grievance.  I said, "It's not about you."

He laughed and said "Is this a it's not you, it's me?"

It was more about last year, but he committed to solving the problem.

I could go on and on, but I need to get on the road with Mark for our adventure that awaits.

Just, I love where I work.  I love the people I work with.

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails