Pages

Monday, November 27, 2023

Live from Carson City

Last week Olivia had the same blogpost title and this week is my turn.  I am in Carson City with my mom.  We had a nice trip, visiting and listening a little to the Follow Him podcast.  We couldn't have had better weather, which was good because it had snowed in previous days.

I also had a good weekend.  Yesterday when we were packing up, I told Adam, "I feel sad every time we leave here."  And it's true.  It is restful and happy there.  

In backwards order, my mom taught Relief Society and I was happy to be in her lesson.  I love the Wells Ward.  They've stopped acknowledging me as a visitor and I like that.

Our kids went home Saturday night with Clarissa.  She wanted to practice her songs for the Tabernacle Choir, but like Adam said, our kids are really good at tuning people out.  I think they were happy with their headphones and music.

Also on Saturday night, Robert and Marianne and Carolina came over.  Carolina wanted to hear our courtship and engagement story.  You've never had a more enthusiastic and captive audience.  It was fun to recount it for her.  I am forever grateful Adam and I ended up together and I loved the ways that Marianne and Robert are entwined with our story. 

Then we played Qwixx.  Always a good time, especially when paired with the Yacht Rock playlist on Amazon music. 

Speaking of playlists, I finessed my Christmas playlists on Saturday.  Christmas playlists are not to be taken lightly and I have 5 so I am ready for whatever mood strikes.  Adam and I went to Elko on Saturday and bought some heat tape for our roof (the ice!  the snow!).  We also bought more pins for those ring ding ornaments because I am a masochist and decided to make more to use the rest of the sequins.  

Friday we had Thanksgiving leftovers dinner at Marianne's.  I went over early to help her and she was all ready to go. 

She is a precrastinator.  I get it.

So that's me, up to date.  I am happy to be with my mom, happy to be enjoying a bit of leisure away from school and grateful for this holiday season.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails