Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Boys

The boys are vastly outnumbered in my class.  It may be a reason my class is so much calmer this year, but also the mean girl stuff kind of offsets the boy activity.  Each comes with its challenges.

Though they are underrepresented, the boys still manage to have a presence!

Yesterday, for example, a boy pulled up his pant leg and held up his leg for me to inspect whether or not he had leg hair.

He said, "I think I am starting to get some."  (He isn't.) Then, he told me that someone had told him that "the puberty" starts at 8 years old so he thought he would get leg hair soon.

Very often I want to laugh but can't and have no idea how to respond.

My class was writing a paragraph yesterday: advice to third graders.  They had all sorts of good ideas (and some of them were ideas that I wish they would internalize, but I'm glad they at least recognize what they should be doing).

One boy said, "I'm going to say don't pull your pants down when you use the urinal!"

The other boys heartily agreed that was great advice.

Some of the girls looked a little stricken and some of them looked confused.

I wanted to laugh but couldn't and had no idea how to respond.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails