Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Then there was one

About a month ago, a man was changing his tire on the side of the freeway near here and was struck by another car and killed.

I made my family promise me that if they were ever in that situation, they would get all the way off the road.  "Ruin the tire," I said.  "Destroy the rims.  I will buy you new ones."



I stand by that and I'm thankful that the other night when Adam was having tire trouble (he could tell something was amiss), he pulled off the road and was on a frontage road when he had a pretty intense blowout.  The studs that the lug nuts attach to were broken!  He had to call a tow truck and it was a whole ordeal because the first truck didn't have the wherewithal to load the car (they hadn't read the notes).  So it took a long time, but Adam came home safe and I'm very grateful for that.

I picked him up after 9:30 Tuesday night at our mechanic shop.

It's the third time in a week we called roadside assistance (Emma locked her keys in her car earlier).


I'm glad that we have Joan going strong!

Last night we drove to Provo to get Mark so he could stay here so he and Adam could drive me to work, so he could drive Adam to the airport and then pick me up at school later and hopefully we will go to Nephi!

Tabor is selling a horse and I think at this point, we should consider buying it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails