Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

If I only had one daughter, I'm glad it is Emma Jayne

Texts from Emma are one of the best things in my life.

I wasn't awake to receive these, because it was about 1:00 AM, but she sent this:


She is equal parts melodramatic and funny.

Last night I was painting a Piet Mondrian inspired painting.  I changed the colors and was mostly just having a grand time, but then I reached a decision point and maybe Emma isn't the only melodramatic one, because I sent her this:



She said she didn't realize I had said art emergency and she thought I was bleeding out. 

I'm not sure why I would text her requesting to FaceTime if I was bleeding out....

(Also, you always need to request an audience when you are calling Emma.  She never not ever answers her phone.)

I asked her opinion and she surveyed the painting and the Mondrian I was using as inspiration and then told me a few little tweaks to make.

Here is the original and then my take on it:



(I also have to give Adam a lot of credit for patiently helping me place painters tape to make the lines.  If there is ever a need to be precise, don't ask me.)


2 comments:

Marianne said...

That's amazing! Where are you going to put it?

Olivia Cobian said...

Wow! Great work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails