Pages

Friday, May 17, 2024

Grateful Friday

The best news is that Adam is home!  The second best news is that Braeden and Mark are here.  Braeden flew in last night and Mark stayed over so Braeden can use his car--and so he could see Braeden.  

I'm looking forward to seeing Braeden (a little--he's at BYU most of the time participating in a political science event of some description).

Last night Mark and I met at Via 313 for pizza.  (His idea.) It was worth it.  He cheered me up and made me laugh and listened to me.  

I decided yesterday to NOT move classrooms.  I am 10% disappointed and 90% relieved.  It just felt like too much with the end of school and starting my master's degree at WGU and all the things.  I like my little classroom even though the other one is bigger and quieter.  

The advantage of my current classroom is that everything is already put away.

I'm grateful for the change of plans.  It feels like a good idea.

Yesterday, my same boy who was wondering about leg hair walked up to me and solemnly told me it has "been an honor to be a third grader."

He said he doesn't want school to end and I said neither do I!

They're all starting to get a little sentimental.  One girl asked me if I was going to save the pictures they drew me forever.  (In other words, are you going to remember us?)

I am.  I will.

Another girl wandered up to my desk and said dreamily, "I'm going to miss this classroom."

They were maybe more relieved than I am about me not changing classrooms.  It is their room and they don't want it to change.  I made them all promise to come back and visit me.

I love when I open the door after lunch recess and 4th  and 5th graders who used to be in my class try to sneak in.  I tell them to come back and be third graders again.

It's wonderful to become so attached to these hilarious and maddening and brilliant little people.

And they are thoroughly invested in Ramona.  We are on the 5th book in the series and they want me to read more and more every day. 

I couldn't be happier about it.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You know you are a wildly successful teacher when you AND your students don't want the school year to end. My students and I can't wait to be done--only four more school days for us! (But who's counting?) I'm not sure what that says about us ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails