Last year on this day, Adam and I checked into a swanky hotel in San Antonio. I was joining him for a business trip. There were indications of cancer, but no diagnosis yet. Adam didn't have his crazy new job that keeps him busy + stressed + frequenting the friendly skies. My mom was still with us.
It has been quite a year and also even if I knew everything on the horizon, I wouldn't have been surprised that Adam would stay steady and keep me more or less upright.
I am grateful to have gone another year around the sun with him.
If you aren't part of a group chat with me, you can count yourself lucky because I have been sorting through photographs and texting pictures of pictures with varying degrees of quality to my family members.
There are a whole stack of photos from our wedding.
Those fresh faced kids!
It is wild to me that we own this place now.
That is my grandpa casually chatting with someone on the far left. My cousins are on the porch. It looks like Brian is saying something that Jason (Adam's friend) finds funny and it looks like Geri is telling him to get it together. I love this picture. I love that place. I love those people.
As much as I am blessed to have Adam as a husband, we are blessed to have these parents.
1 comment:
Happy anniversary! You really were kids!!
Post a Comment