Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Field Trip

This morning I talked to my brother Tabor on the phone. I told him we were going to the zoo. He said, "I hope they let you out."

(Yes, he's been on field trips with my children before.)

It was a great day for the zoo though. Sunny skies and thin crowds...mostly just toddlers and their mothers who were afraid of my over-sized children trampling theirs.

The zoo is always a good field trip for me. As you may know my sense of direction is sketchy at best but like the airport and Adam's office, the zoo is one of the few places in Seattle that my van can find on its own and I don't have to get panicky with Google maps and emergency calls from my cell phone to Adam's when I'm lost.


While at the zoo...

The kindergartner saw the kinder goats:


We saw spiders on their web:

A tree sloth:


A fruit bat hanging upside down:


Some gorillas:

some were very affectionate



Some flamingos standing on one leg:


Oh, sorry I think these were the flamingos:



Mark sat on a pretend flamingo egg on a pretend flamingo nest.
He said, "I don't know how the flamingos handle it. That is not comfortable."

I didn't tell him pregnancy isn't all that comfortable either. But I thought it.


And for some shots representative of my children's personalities:

Here's Braeden holding Mark in an affectionate pose and Mark's fist is ready to strike.


Here's Mark after he tore across the field to chase some ducks.


Finally, here's proof you can give the girl a day off school but you can't take the school out of the girl. Emma is using the gorilla statue's back as a writing surface for the worksheets she picked up from Zoomazium. She fills out information on animals and they reward her with rocks. It's quite a system. And she loves it.



If it seems like we didn't see a lot of actual animals, you're right. We really didn't. Is that requisite for a day well spent at the zoo?

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I say that when anybody goes to the zoo. Nothing personal. I can't wait to see you this weekend.

Susie said...

The zoo is always a fun place to visit. It looks like the kids had fun and you even had good weather. Cute pictures!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails