Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Girl Time

Since Emma was a little girl, when Adam and our boys have gone somewhere, we have “girl time”. At Emma’s insistence, this usually involves painting our nails.

It’s that wonderful time of year again when I get to go to Women’s Conference at BYU. This year I’m upping the enjoyment ante by taking Emma for some girl time. Instead of going to the classes, she and her cousin Deseret are going to spend their time with their uncle Enoch and aunt Jennifer. The marching orders I’ve given Emma are to play with her little cousins so Jennifer can direct her Getting Ready to Move time elsewhere. Emma’s thrilled with that idea.

As for me, I’m thinking of reconnecting with my old familiars, soaking up the Provo nostalgia, basking in the Good Word, and time with my Sisters (and I include my sisters, mom, sisters-in-law and cousin Hannah in that group). I’ll also get a bite-sized taste (about a day and a half) of my soul’s best home, Nevada.

I love including my Emma in this girl time. I will love being elbow to elbow with her on the plane, our noses in our respective books.

And yes, we’ve painted our nails in preparation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails