Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Overflowing Joy

This morning I woke up with a smile on my face. I have been looking forward to today for a long time. It's General Conference weekend! I've always loved General Conference. When I was a little girl I loved it because my parents watched or listened and Olivia and I played in her room with our Barbie Dream House. It was wonderful to have our mom distracted from Saturday cleaning.

As I grew older and started watching myself, I loved the coziness of my entire family watching together. I loved the feeling I got from conference.

Now I just love conference. I still love the coziness, I love the feeling, and I love the words. I feel nourished and bolstered and blessed.

To add to my joy, it's SUNNY today and in keeping with our General Conference tradition, the Jorgensens are coming to socialize during (the women and children) and after (the boys and men) the Priesthood session. Tonight's Braeden's first time to go with his dad. I think he's more excited about the social aspect than the meeting aspect but I could be wrong...and if my son's like me (and he is in a lot of ways) someday soon he'll love conference for the Good Word.

Now I want to share my bliss so here's something to make you happy. I know it made me unaccountably so.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Now what's the story behind that video? I wish I had been there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails