Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Have You Ever?


Have you ever:

-- had a son tell you he needed new church shoes because they were too tight then act like you were torturing him when you suggested a shoe shopping trip?

--realized you were double booked, no triple booked for tomorrow?

--agreed to a project which uselessness is only eclipsed by how time consuming it will be?

--had your schedule interrupted so many times that it's beyond recognition?

--have children that still need to be fed and want clean laundry even when you're so busy you can't think straight?

--whined (excessively) to both of your sisters? (sorry girls)

--directed all your frustration at your son even when he's only responsible for about 10% of it? (sorry Braeden)

--wandered aimlessly around Target looking for an obligatory gift for someone you hardly know? Trying to strike that delicate balance between, "I don't want to spend too much money and I don't want to show up with a cheap gift"?

--been cut off in line at Target by a bustling lady with about 20-30 bottles of Suave shampoo (I am not kidding) in her cart ? She looked at me, startled when she realized she'd cut me off and I sweetly said, "That's OK, go ahead," because I firmly believe that even though I don't feel at all charitable on the inside I can at least (occasionally) pretend to be kind on the outside.

--bought a package of fun sized Snickers bars?

I so deserved it.

So how's your day been?

2 comments:

Leslie Graves said...

I have had days like that...I'm just glad you still wrote a post on your blog! Yesterday I got the Western Horseman in the mail and opened to find a nice article about your dad! They also quote you in the article...it's very nice to be related to all you famous people!

Jennifer said...

Some days are like that, even in Austrailia. :)

I hope today is better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails