Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

When I'm Glad My House Isn't All That Clean

Photographic evidence that I live with a Lego builder. Legos on the stairs...



on the kitchen floor...



on the counter...



and the ever present Lego magazine.


My friend Susie linked to an article by Tiffany Gee Lewis on her blog. (Thanks Susie, I liked the article.) A line from it keeps haunting me though.

One day, every single Lego will make it into the box and stay there.


Really? That is at once a heart breaking and exciting statement. Time just keeps marching on and my children keep growing and growing. They used to grasp just one of my fingers with their little hands and now their hands are almost the same size as mine. I miss their wispy curly heads and stubby chubby limbs and I probably always will.

I can't honestly say I miss changing diapers and buckling seat belts though.

I guess the trick is to enjoy the now. I need to enjoy what the Lego scattering represents...a creative and imaginative little red head who's a builder. And someday, when they're all in the box and stay there. I'll need to enjoy that too. I'll need to try.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails