Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Living Dangerously

There's a difference between wanting to write a blog post...

and having anything interesting to write about.

I find myself at that crossroads today.

Then I remembered the near death experiences I've had lately. I think near death experiences are notable.

Yesterday I almost drowned.

I bought a new wand attachment to the garden hose because Adam dropped the old one off the roof when he was cleaning the gutters (that's a whole different near death experience and I'm infinitely glad he dropped the wand rather than himself...Fred Meyer carries new wand attachments and they don't carry new Adams). The old wand was bent beyond hope so I bought the new one, screwed it onto the hose and started to spray my windows. It was time to wash the downstairs windows and let the glorious sunshine stream in unfettered by dirty windows (including the clods of mud Mark and his friends had decided would be fun to fling at the sliding glass door).

But as ever, I'm dodging too many tangents and not telling my story...

The new wand attachment leaked...a lot. I yelped for Braeden who was sitting on the front porch with his friend Dillon to TURN OFF THE WATER. Braeden sauntered into the garage, carefully moving things out of the way to reach the faucet and yelled back, "Which way does it turn?" I got soaked. Soaked.

Why didn't I drop the leaking careening hose and walk away?

I'll never know.

But I was more wet than if I'd been swimming. Then I washed the windows and got more wet (can you get more wet if you're already soaked? I don't know, but I did).

Nearly drowned.

Then I almost died last night.

This time from laughing. Sometimes when I watch a movie with Adam I laugh so much that it makes Adam laugh more which makes me laugh more then pretty soon I can't breathe and I'm gasping and missing the rest of the funny movie.

Laughing. What a hazard.

Then there's the risk of Janet's onion dip. I'm sure it's doing bad things to my arteries.

I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. My life is still in peril. This afternoon I'm taking Emma shoe shopping. Have you ever taken Emma shoe shopping? It's not for the faint of heart.

I think I can make it though. If I can survive a leaky garden hose and a funny movie, I think I've got the moxie for a little, "But I hate those shoes."

After all, I'm made of pretty tough stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails