Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Wanderlust Cure

I heard about a hot springs in Oregon. A retreat of sorts. For a reasonable rate, you could have accommodations, "three bountiful, organic vegetarian meals daily, 24 hour access to the hot springs, and daily Well-Being programs." You could also pay extra for a massage. There are 154 acres with hiking trails through the forest. There's a stone labyrinth, pools and saunas.

I thought it all sounded great. The goofy looking hippy guy pictured on the website that runs the place and sends "his love and prayers" seemed nice enough. It would be an adventure.

I wanted to surprise Adam with it for our anniversary this summer.

Then I read the small but Oh So Important print at the bottom.

"Most people do not wear swimsuits."

OHHHhhhhhhhhh.

Never mind.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like my kind of place . . . prior to the fine print, of course. How disappointing. I hope you find another fun adventure to celebrate.

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

I'm just picturing the scenario if you HADN'T read the fine print! I would have LOVED to read your blog on that one!! :)

Olivia Cobian said...

Sounds like Lili's kind of place--actually she has improved a lot in the staying-clothed department.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails