Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Just a Regular Guy


I recently read Jay Leno being quoted in Reader's Digest. He said, in speaking about politicians as guests,
They're my favorite guests. Arnold Schwarzenegger came on and announced he was running for governor. John Kerry drove a motorcycle onto the set. Newt Gingrich brought on a pig to show he was a regular guy. I love that stuff.

Then I reread the last bit: Newt Gingrich brought on a pig to show he was a regular guy.

Really? Really?

I tried to imagine the conversation he had with his wife the night before.

Newt: I need something to make me look like a regular guy...

Mrs. Newt: How about wearing jeans?

Newt: Not regular enough...

Mrs. Newt: How about taking a pet onstage? A dog? Cat?

Newt: Not regular enough...

Mrs. Newt: A farm animal?

Newt: Maybe...

Mrs. Newt: A sheep? A cow?

Newt: Not regular enough...

Mrs. Newt: A pig?

Newt: BINGO! Regular guys almost always carry around pigs. Especially when going on the Tonight Show.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails