Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And It's Not Even 10:00 Yet

This morning:

There was the usual dash to get everyone out the door by 6:45.

The usual dash was delayed by Braeden begging to go back to sleep, Emma going back to sleep and Mark refusing to move.

Sigh.

We got everyone in the car and it. Would. Not. Start.

Luckily Adam was still home and jumped the battery.

We got to the pool...I walked and talked with Janet during practice and Mark whined...the...whole...time.

My car wouldn't start again.

I had the jumper cables with me and Braeden sort of took charge and I was grateful.

Adam was in a meeting and not answering his cell phone.

My dad wasn't home.

But I have three brothers so I worked my way down the list.

Enoch gave me advice and I took it.

Then my mom called and my dad confirmed the advice and told me to call him back and let him know what I learned.

Kevin at Schuck's Auto Parts is not going to win any prizes in the helpfulness, charm or confidence inducing departments.

I tried to get a hold of Adam and couldn't. Braeden said, "Why don't you text him?" I said, "I don't know how." And Braeden said, "Hand me your phone." And he texted Adam.

Adam still didn't call.

I called my dad a few more times.

I ended up buying a new battery from my new buddy Kevin.

Kevin wondered if I was going to install it myself or if someone was coming to install it for me.

I said, in a small voice, "Can you do it?"

He said he could help me and sort of winked and said that's what he'd call it.

Call it what you want Kevin.

So he installed my new battery and I called my dad again and told him all was well.

And I hope it is.

I kind of think all will be well though. When I consider the men in my life from Adam to Braeden to my dad to my brothers to even Kevin at Schuck's who are taking care of me. All will be well.

And I'm grateful.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Don't forget the gals that are here for you too. Some of us are even married to mechanics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails