Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless the U.S., eh?*

We didn't stay away long enough to avoid all the fireworks here in little Baghdad so I'll post some pictures on my blog to distract myself from feeling like I'm under siege.

We had a good day.

Vancouver, and particularly Stanley Park, what a place.

It was a day of:

Wonder




and watching dolphins



Emma wishing she were a dolphin



and catching glimpses of the brand new baby beluga



Wrestling on the grass



and eating pretzels



Climbing trees



and walking along the sea wall



Cooling off




and just taking it all in



Getting a Cricket tutorial from Dad



and Thai food




A wacky sign



and discovering Emma's talent

After making all sorts of sculptures in her ice cream with her tongue, Emma licked the entire cone empty. The girl has skills.

Really, a good good day.


post script: There are some families that spend money on posh photographers for a family portrait.

We are not one of them.




*clever title courtesy of my clever husband

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love it... family time is the best. I liked the little phrases between pictures.

Susie said...

I love all the family fun you had. I need to take a trip to Canada soon. Way fun!! Love your family activities you share together.

Anonymous said...

I like the shirt you are wearing in these pictures, Thelma. Is that going to make it in the boxes for your sisters to go through in Nevada?
Marianne

Katie said...

Looks like a very fun day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails