Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not Really Coping

Don't you just love breaking records?

Doesn't it make you feel lucky that you were there when it happened?

It depends (a lot) on the record.

Yesterday the temperature was 103 in Seattle. That's as hot as it has been EVER. Ever. And I was here. And I have to ask why. Why weren't we in Nevada this week? Wouldn't that have been a smarter move?

Yes. It would have.

And so apathy is setting in around here.

My hair has been pulled into a frizzy none too attractive pony tail for days.

I haven't made dinner since we returned from our trip.

My children's rooms which are on the decidedly hot side of the house are messy pits of despair because I haven't made them pick up one. Single. Thing.

Because I don't care.

It's a good thing I don't live in a place where it's like this all the time. I would be way way too slovenly.

Because it is too hot.

We're going to a lake today. With Stephanie and her crew.

And I, the non swimmer, just may swim.

Because it is too hot.

1 comment:

Susie said...

It is unbearable for sure. I can't believe how hot it is and we are apart of this record heat wave. It has felt like my house has been a darn sauna this week. Yucky, sticky, muddy living for sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails