Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Best Part

Yesterday was a pretty typical roadtrip from home to Boise sort of day. We stopped in the same places we always do like Safeway in Pendleton. We got clobbered by bugs in Ontario and our ears popped in the Blue Mountains. There was grumbling now and then and we emptied about 5 pounds of garbage out of the van every time we stopped.

I'm not sure how that happens.

I thought maybe the best part was hearing Adam and Braeden crack up as they were singing Stars (from Les Miserables) in Sean Connery brogue Scottish accents.

I thought maybe the best part was Mark saying, "I'm going in!" when he started to eat his dauntingly spicy chicken sandwich from Carl's Jr.

I thought maybe the best part was the foot races at the rest stop (even though I think I lost...to my credit I was barefoot and there were rocky spots on the race course).

I thought maybe the best part was realizing once again and always what a princely wonderful husband I have who would go on a wild goose chase for contact solution for me at midnight in Boise because I forgot mine.

But I really think maybe the best part is just the whole thing. Heading to Nevada. Together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely. You are missing the rain and 60 degree weather here so enjoy yourselves. Love Geri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails