Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yesterday I Learned...

1. I need to get my grandma an updated picture of my kids. She told me several times in not subtle ways. I need to do it and quick or I may lose my favorite grandchild status. (My siblings or cousins may beg to differ but I'm boldly staking my claim as favorite...I'm drawing on my status as the namesake.)

2. No matter how many dirty looks and head shaking I send Emma's way, she will ask my grandma to play the player piano and no matter how many times I tell my grandma not to worry about it because I don't want to bother her, my grandma will dig around in her closet until she finds a scroll that will work for the player piano. Because Emma wants to. She's a grandma like that.

3. A life full of service is an inspiring and interesting thing...and something I want. We took a tour yesterday from a man at the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City. He had served as bishop and a mission president and I'm sure a lot of other things as well. He knew a lot about the Conference Center and a lot about Everything Else and I want to be like that when I grow up.

4. Standing in the Oquirrh Mountain temple with my children and Adam (we went to the open house yesterday) reaffirmed to me how important it is that I stand inside a temple with all of my children again someday. It matters to me more than anything else that I could possibly hope for them. It matters enough that I rededicated myself to do Whatever I Can to help make that a reality.

Whatever it takes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going to a temple open house is such a wonderful experience. I am sure Braeden, Emma, and Mark will remember it always. Your flowers looked wonderful tonight when we took Adam home after he mowed our lawn. Love Grandma (Geri)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails