Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm a Mormon, Yes I Am

I've been hearing a lot about Mormons lately.  Between presidential candidates and Broadway musicals...and Jimmer, they're in the news.

I think as Mormons, we don't mind that so much.

We love to talk about our faith and share what matters most and makes us happy.  Also, where we're misunderstood, I think we want to explain.  We want to be understood.  Everyone does.

I read this article by Michael Ottersen.  Maybe you've seen it?  It's his take on the "Book of Mormon" musical.

I can't get it out of my head.

I read it aloud to Adam (because when one of us reads something good, we want the other one to hear it too).  Although I didn't have anything close to this reaction the first time I read the article, I started crying my second time through (Braeden was nearby so I had him finish reading).

It truly is staggering the amount of good that is done, not just by our church, but by others as well.  I can't take much credit for it besides contributing a little bit of money but it warms my heart nonetheless.



(I think my crying says more about me than it says about the article.  I may possibly tend to cry easily...)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Good job. There's nothing wrong with a tear here and there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails